The dangers of using sunbeds and UV sun-tanning are well publicised in the media. When skin cancer is at an all time high, we are happy to looked bronzed and beautiful using a high quality alternative route. Using a sunbed just once a month doubles your risk of skin cancer! (http://www.saveyourskin.co.uk/index1.html) That’s why we recommended our Spray Tan which takes just 15 minutes, lasts up to a week and provides a better, more even natural looking, streak free tan.
Spray Tan - £22
The professional spray tan application is the fastest (typically 15 minute treatment) and most convenient way to enjoy a spray tanning application. The treatment is provided by a qualified beauty professional. You can choose from 2 different self-tan liquids – regular and dark. The qualified beauty professional can advise you which is most suited to your skin tone. The tan is applied to your skin as a mist via a spray gun used by the beauty professional. She can tailor your tan to your specific requirements or for a particular occasion. You will be provided with a disposable thong and wearing a bra is optional. You may wear your own bikini, however it could be discoloured during the application. It is generally believed that the professional spray tan application provides the most even tanning results because the atomised tanning liquid is applied to the skin perfectly uniform.
Add an exfoliating treatment for just £16.
Before having a Spray Tan, here are some before and after tips to take note of to make the most of your tan.
- Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment, do not do this on the day as it will cause irritation.
- Arrive at your appointment without any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Self-Tan.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
- Remove contact lenses.
Immediately after your treatment:
- Wear loose clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact, this includes washing your hands.
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight if possible).
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Drink hot beverages through a straw because the steam and contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your-self with a mild soap or body wash.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.